Shlisselburg fortress "Nut"
Oreshek fortress was founded by Novgorod Prince Yuri Danilovich in 1323 on Orekhovy Island in the source of the Neva from Lake Ladoga. The history of the Oreshek fortress, also known as Noteburg, Shlisselburg and Petrokrepost, has been associated with the history of the Russian state for eight centuries.
Its location was of great strategic importance - along the island the path along the Neva to the Gulf of Finland passed and the one who owned the citadel controlled this important trade route.
300 years since its foundation, the Oreshek fortress served as an outpost of Russia on the border with Sweden, and in 1612 the Swedes starved to death the citadel and renamed it Noteburg.
For about 90 years they owned it, but during the Northern War in 1702, Nut Island was conquered by Peter the Great. Noteburg was renamed Shlisselburg, which means “Key-city” in German, and a key, a symbol of the city, was installed on the Sovereign Tower.
The capture of Oreshek fortress was the beginning of the victory in the Northern War. By order of Peter the Great, in memory of this important event, a medal was written with the inscription “The enemy had been at the place for 90 years.”
Operating mode of the "Nut" fortress:
May - August
On weekdays from 10:00 to 18:00
On weekends and holidays from 10:00 to 19:00
Motor ships make their last voyage to the museum at 17:10 on weekdays and at 18:10 on weekends and holidays
September - November
On weekdays from 10:00 to 17:00
On weekends and holidays from 10:00 to 18:00
The ships make their last voyage to the museum at 16:00 on weekdays and at 17:10 on weekends and holidays
Museum "Victory Road"
At the Petrokrepost station, in the station of the railway station, there is the Victory Roads Museum, which clearly demonstrates the heroism of railway builders, details of the village’s defense, the life of the plant during the war years, and, most importantly, the construction of the military railway, later called “Victory Road ". In the winter of 1943, immediately after the breaking of the blockade of Leningrad, a railway track was built as soon as possible, including a bridge from piles over the frozen Neva.
In those days, two trains, to Leningrad and vice versa, became symbols of the revival of the transport artery. The starving brought bread, cartridges to the front. Now that train EM 721–83 stands on the tracks of the Petrokrepost platform as a monument to the invincible spirit of railway workers. The restored and preserved in original form exhibits convey the heavy spirit of the time.
The museum appeared in 1995, and on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the arrival of the first train after the siege, the museum's exposition was updated, a new multimedia technique appeared, thanks to which films about the days of the war are shown on screens. The exhibition describes the construction of the Victory Road and makes you think about those terrible days and the place of achievement in military life. Details are given on the composition of the 48th convoy of locomotives of the special reserve of the NKPS, and the exploits of workers and equipment.
Address: Petrokrepost railway station (urban village named after Morozov, Skvortsov St.)
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday - Weekends
Cost - Free
The Steel Way Memorial
The Steel Way memorial was erected in 1973 near the village of Morozov near the Petrokrepost railway station. The creators of the monument - the architect I. G. Yavein and the sculptor G. D. Glikman - immortalized the feat of the railway workers, who restored the connection between Leningrad and the Great Land. The breakthrough of the blockade ring in 1943 made it possible to bring the necessary products to the city and to evacuate residents. Builders in a short time - in just 12 days - built the first railway. 36 kilometers connected the Polyana station and the Morozov settlement, and a bridge of 1300 meters in length was built.
The memorial is an 8-meter stele with bas-reliefs of railroad workers. Their feat is described in a memorial inscription. The years 1941-1944 are engraved on the monument, the upper part houses a red star and crossed mallets - symbols of railway workers.
Address: Petrokrepost railway station (town named after Morozov, Skvortsov St.)
Monument to the soldiers of the 1st Infantry Division of the NKVD
It was from here that the heroically standing Shlisselburg garrison, located in the Oreshek fortress, was supplied. The workers of the city-forming enterprise Shlisselburg powder factory, went to the front, but the work continued to boil. Tanks and guns, machine guns and machine guns were repaired. Shells and medical instruments were made. In a word, the city lived, worked and defended its borders.
The memory of the heroic defenders is preserved thanks to several monuments. The obelisk "Anti-aircraft gun" was put in the 70s in honor of the soldiers of the first division of the NKVD. The memorial is located in a small square and consists of a stele with the dates "1941-1943" and an 85-mm 52-K cannon. Nearby is a plaque with the following text “To the soldiers of the First Division of the NKVD (46th SD) and the inhabitants of the village named after Morozov, who defended the Leningrad land on the Neva borders. "
The people called the terrible gun anti-aircraft gun - it was widely used in the year of World War II as the most effective weapon against ground and air targets.
Church of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul
In the first quarter of the 20th century, it was repeatedly tried to close it, but the decision to liquidate the church was repeatedly not executed for various reasons. The temple finally closes in 1938. At the turn of 1942–1943, the church was turned into ruins in preparation for breaking the blockade of Leningrad. There is also a version that it was blown up as a potential landmark for the Germans - the village was on the front line of defense and was clearly visible.
For many years, only the foundation of the church and the gatehouse located in its place resembled its existence. In the early 90s, the preserved site of the church was returned to the fold of the Russian Orthodox Church. In 1993, she changed the shape of the dome to a tent, and she was rebuilt as a temple. Then the first service was held in it. Currently, the temple continues to be restored.
Since 1992, the gatehouse building, preserved from the last century, is an object of historical and cultural heritage of the early 20th century.
Monday - Friday from 9:00 to 17:00
Saturday from 8:00 to 18:30
Sunday from 8:00 to 17:00
Tel: +7 (813 70) 3 58 06
Museum-diorama “Breakthrough of the blockade of Leningrad”
A little aside on the pedestal is the tank-monument “Breakthrough”, the legendary T-34. Inside the museum, in the twilight, a giant ribbon-like painting shines, recreating Operation Spark. This was a turning point: in the middle of January 1943, two fronts, Leningradsky and Volkhovsky, crossed the Neva and defeated the Germans in seven days holding the Shlisselburg-Sinyavinsky ledge.
The multi-figure diorama shows the tank crossing, which took place here. Tanks crawling along wooden beds onto the other bank of the Neva, troops run on ice, shells burst, fighters fly, someone approaches the river, someone is dead.
The effect of presence is provided by the installation with rails and dugouts that smoothly enter the picture; viewers do not immediately understand what is happening and freeze for a long time at the parapet, peering into an epic canvas.
Tuesday - Sunday from 10:00 to 17:30
Monday - day off
Address: Kirovsk (R-21 Kola, 41st kilometer, 2)
Tel: +7 (81362) 6-90-29
Osinovets lighthouse and the shore of Lake Ladoga
Osinovets lighthouse is a military facility whose construction history is kept secret. It is known that work began in 1905 and lasted 5 years.
Despite the difficulties, in 1910 the tower was ready and became a signal building, a guide for the ships passing along Ladoga. The bright light of the lighthouse could be seen by the captains of the ships located 40 km from it, even in fog or in a storm.
Before the war, no one intended to build a port on the adjacent territory - mooring of ships near the lighthouse was considered impossible due to the large number of reefs and rocks. But in 1941, when other entrances to the city were blocked, the first cargo fleet approached the shore of Lake Ladoga, delivering 800 tons of flour and grain to Leningrad.
Address: Rakhinsky urban settlement, village of Lake Ladoga station
Museum "Road of Life"
Thanks to the "Road of Life" it was possible to save thousands of people in this difficult and tragic period in the history of our country. Visitors will learn how the ice highway was created, how it was possible to help the residents of Leningrad during the blockade, how pipes, wires and other infrastructure necessary for the functioning of the road and its defense were laid.
The pavilion contains 12 exhibitions dedicated to different time periods of the Second World War. Museum guests can familiarize themselves with them or book an excursion.
The excursion begins with the past of Lake Ladoga, the first hall tells about the geographical characteristics of the lake, its history from ancient times to the present day. Particular attention is paid to military events - the construction of the Oreshek fortress, the Northern War, as well as the construction of shipping channels. Next come the halls where artifacts are collected reflecting the fate of the lake and its infrastructure from the beginning to the end of the Great Patriotic War.
Wednesday - sunday from 11:00 to 18:00
Monday and Tuesday - Weekends
Address: Rakhinsky urban settlement, village of Lake Ladoga station
Tel: +7 (81370) 3-37-71
Torn Ring Memorial
The "Torn Ring" memorial is part of the Green Belt of Glory - a complex of memorials at the battle lines of Leningrad 1941-1944, created in 1965-1968 with the goal of perpetuating the memory of his heroic defenders. The monument was unveiled on October 29, 1966.
The location of the monument was not chosen by chance: it was from this place during the blockade years that the convoys headed towards the eastern shore of the Petrokrepost bay of Lake Ladoga, and then returned here, overcoming a dangerous distance of 30 kilometers.
Two seven-meter arches form a ring torn in the center. On the site under the memorial there are traces of tire treads. Thus, the memory of the salvage convoys of motor vehicles cruising from Leningrad to the “mainland” and vice versa was immortalized. Near the ring there are two balls representing the searchlights and a real 85-mm anti-aircraft gun.
At the bottom of the ring, the lines are broken:
“Descendant, Know: In Harsh Years,
Faithful to the people, duty and Fatherland,
Through the hummocks of Ladoga ice
From here we led the road of Life,
So that life never dies. ”
Author of a poem: Bronislav Kezhun
Address: Kokkorevo village, exit to Ladoga
* a guest who is not a member of the team